Well, it looks like it is conference time! BarCampAfrica (in California) is gearing up to be a great event. Hosted at the Google Campus, and geared to connect the technology community with those who want to ignite social change in Africa. Honestly, I must be living under a rock because I have never even heard of these events and there seem to breeding like rabbits all over the world.
From their mission statement:
BarCamp Africa/Silicon Valley brings people, institutions and enterprises interested in Africa – as a topic, an opportunity, or a place of action – together in one location to exchange ideas, build connections, re-frame perceptions and catalyze action that leads to positive involvement and mutual benefit between Silicon Valley and the continent of Africa.
I love the un-conference concept these events have. With a little elbow grease and mental effort a person living in the Bay Area could attend one of these events for basically $0. Which in the day of $1000 conference tickets is really amazing.
So I am a conference newbie in search for a topic. As apparently you must participate when you attend. No slacking off and just listening.
So I am thinking maybe:
Thoughts? I am open to suggestions!
- Conference: MobileActive08 Kicks off 13-15 October in Jo’burg, South Africa [caption id=”attachment_606″ align=”alignnone” width=”500″ caption=”MobileActiv08: 13-15 October 2008 in Johannesburg,…
- Project Diaspora at Barcamp, MobileActive08 [caption id=”attachment_606″ align=”alignnone” width=”500″ caption=”MobileActiv08: 13-15 October 2008 in…
- App+Africa takes on BarCamp Uganda Hah! I am still learning what BarCamps are all…
- Panel Discussion #1 at Barcamp Africa. Live blog of the 1st panel discussion. Check back…
- What I Learned at BarCamp Africa My expectations for BarCamp Africa were high but vague….
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.